Terms and Conditions 2017
- All bookings will be confirmed within 24 hours via email (except Saturdays and Sundays).
- Students who need to receive original confirmations or visa support letters can request that documents be sent by express courier (at a surcharge, not refundable).
- Changes made prior to the student`s arrival will be accepted, subject to availability, at an additional charge of EUR 50.
Upon final program confirmation, GLS will send an invoice by email.
- If you book your course more than 4 weeks in advance a down payment of 200 Euro is due (within 3 days after having received the invoice so as to confirm your reservation). But of course you can also pay the full amount right away. Full payment will be necessary if you need a visa as GLS can only issue an invitation for the visa after having received the full amount. In case of visa rejection the amount is refunded except a handling fee of Euro 200.
- Full payment is due by the latest 2 weeks prior to course start. Payment must be sent without charges to beneficiary. Any bank fees deducted will be charged to the student directly upon arrival. Payment may be sent by one of the following means:
a. Wire Transfer to:
GLS Sprachenzentrum Berlin
Inh. Barbara Jaeschke
SWIFT (BIC): HYVEDEMM488
IBAN: DE16 1002 0890 0356 4128 85
Account nr: 356412885
UniCredit Bank AG – HypoVereinsbank
sorting code 100 208 90
Bölschestr. 84 - 85; 12587 Berlin
b. Credit Card Payment: MasterCard, Visa, American Express
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations are accepted in written form only. GLS will make all refunds within 30 days ONLY to the person or agency that made payment. GLS will charge the following cancellation fees (1) (2):
- 2 weeks or more prior to arrival: 200 Euro cancellation fee, rest refunded
- Less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 30% of the total amount as cancellation fee, but at least 200 Euro, rest refunded
- If a visa is rejected, GLS will refund the full amount except a) a handling fee of 200 Euro and b) the express courier fee if visa support documents were requested by express courier istead of standard mail.
- No refunds will be made after classes begin with respect to tuition fees and internship or academic year high school fee.
- If students want to change accommodation arrangements after arrival, they must give GLS 2 weeks notice. All funds paid for accommodation after these 2 weeks will be refunded, less a handling fee of EUR 50. There are no refunds or accommodation changes on stays for 4 weeks or less.
(1) For payments made by Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard): in addition to the cancellation fee, there is a credit card fee: 2.5% of the program fee, plus 19% VAT on the 2.5%
(2) Not valid for High School and University placements in Germany. Here the following cancellation fees apply: 4 weeks or more prior to arrival - 500 €, less than 4 weeks: 30 % of the total amount
- No tuition takes place on German public holidays. Morning group classes are not replaced, afternoon group classes and individual tuition will be moved to other days.
- If a standard group has less than 3 participants or a mini-group only one participant, GLS reserve the right to reduce tuition from 90 to 60 minutes per double lesson. During summer we reserve the right to schedule individual tuition in the afternoons.
- GLS is not responsible for lessons cancelled due to force majeure.
- All complaints must be made to GLS Sprachenzentrum directly during the course in Berlin.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Germany, and venue for any possible legal proceeding arising due to the administration of this agreement shall be in Berlin, Germany.
Students are responsible for sufficient coverage re medical and personal liablility insurance. GLS offers a combined travel insurance package including comprehensive health, personal liability, accident, baggage insurance for damages incurred abroad (bookable at a surcharge).
- GLS is not responsible for accidents and illness of a student during the courses. In any case the liability of GLS is limited to the triple amount of the course fee for all damages.
- Students are responsible for any and all damages they cause and must directly compensate the owner of the property involved.