The GLS neighborhood
The GLS German Language School is located in the historic center of Berlin, in trendy "Prenzlauer Berg" (map): Around 1900 this district used to be a poor peoples´ habitat. After WW II Prenzlauer Berg ended up in the communist part of Berlin - with many intellectuals and artists living here. After the fall of the wall the district boomed and became the trend district in Berlin.
Berlin, Kastanienallee 82
Kastanienallee 82 is the GLS address, in the center of Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. Katanienallee is nicknamed casting alley - due to frequent fashion and film shoots here. Media have described it as "Berlin´s coolest boulevard". More than 40 bars, cafes and fashion stores featuring Berlin designers are only some of the attractions you find immediately next to GLS.
Right next door to GLS
- Dock 11, studio for yoga and dance performances - GLS´s immediate neighbor
- Lichtblick, cinema for arthouse movies - 2 houses away
- Kulturbrauerei, a brewery turned event location, 5 minutes walking from GLS
- Eisdieler, Berlin fashion label - across the street
- Thatchers, Berlin fashion store - across the street
- Volksbühne, theater - 15 minutes walking distance
Berlin: Minimalist Glamour
"There are few cities in the world that transform themselves as profoundly from season to season as Berlin", writes the NEW YORK TIMES