Learn German @ Berlin Villa
Ages 16 - 17
The Berlin Villa has 40 beds and a big garden - ideal for a summer holiday with German courses, if you like it small, cozy and familial. The villa is like a safe island in the very center of bustling Berlin: it is located near Kurfuerstendamm, the most famous shopping street in the western city center. In the villa you live and learn German with students from all over the world, and together you will set out to explore Berlin. German courses take place in the morning, and every afternoon our guides show you the best of Berlin: We´ll go swimming at the Badeschiff, play minigolf at Mauerpark next to the Berlin Wall, and of course we´ll do some sightseeing, too: Checkpoint Charlie, Reichstag, Potsdamer Platz ...
see photo reports by former students
in the western center of Berlin, near Kurfuerstendamm, a famous shopping street, with Metro Fehrbelliner Platz right around the corner
beautiful villa with tree-lined garden, several spacious classrooms, lounge, cafeteria
- 20 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 4 levels: beginners, elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries. Germans high school students on site as well
in the same branch, where you have your German lessons - in 3 or 4 bed rooms with shower/WC on the hall. Full board
Activities & Excursions:
- 2 activities daily in international groups: sightseeing in Berlin, sports, socializing
- 1 full-day excursion to places outside Berlin per week
Members of GLS staff live with you in the villa and take care of you.
This is what a week at the Berlin Villa may look like
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||4 German lessons||walking tour in Prenzlauer Berg, exploring the neighbourhood||barbecue|
|Tuesday||4 German lessons||shopping: second hand Berlin designer fashion|
|Wednesday||4 German lessons||swimming in Lake Wannsee near Potsdam||badminton|
|Thursday||4 German lessons||sightseeing and shopping in Mitte, Berlin´s new city center||video night|
|Friday||4 German lessons||cycling tour along the former Berlin Wall||disco|
|Saturday||full-day excursion to Potsdam, Castle Sanssoucil||quiz show|
|Sunday||departure or visit at fleamarket on "Strasse des 17. Juni"||yard party|
Who else will be at GLS?
The villa has room for 40 students. Students come from up to 30 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
|BERLIN VILLA (16 - 17 years)||25 JUN - 13 AUG 2017|
|2 weeks||1620 €||Arrival / departure: SUN|
|3 weeks||2390 €|
|+ 1 week||770 €|
- 20 German lessons/week
- 2 activities/day on campus or in Berlin
- 1 excursion/week to places outside Berlin, i.e. Potsdam, Sachsenhausen
- on campus accommodation: 3-5 bedded rooms, shower/WC on the hall
- full board
- entry fees for GLS activities
- transfer from Berlin airports and stations on Sundays 8 am - 10 pm
- Insurance (medical, luggage, liability)
- 24 hour tutoring by GLS staff on campus
- public transportation 2 - 4 weeks: ca. 60/80 EUR
- extra day: 100 EUR
- extra transfer out of schedule: 80 EUR one way