Learn German @ Munich Adventure Camp
Ages 12 - 17
The adventure camp (a beautifully restored former hotel) is south of Munich right next to one of the most pristine lakes in the German Alps, Lake Spitzingsee. The view is wonderful, looking out of the window you´ll see either lake or mountains. Our Adventure Camp is fantastic if you like sports & adventure - you´ll have lots of fun after German classes: we´ll go hiking with a GPS, build rafts or sleep outside by the campfire. Munich is just 50 km away, and every week we organize 2 trips to Munich. You´ll get to see all the highlights like Olympiastadium, Schloss Nymphenburg and of course Hofbräuhaus.
see photo reports by former students
Beautifully restored hotel (Haus Bergsee) with 3 floors and many wooden balconies at Lake Spitzingsee, 50 km south of Munich
7 spacy class rooms, garden, climbing wall, fitness room, sauna, tv room
- 20 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 3 levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced (no absolute beginners)
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries. Germans high school students on site as well
In the school in 3 to 4 bed rooms with own shower/WC, full board in the cafeteria
Activities and Excursions:
- 2 activities per day: waterball in the lake, hiking in the mountains, building a river raft, biwaking, BBQs, mountainbiking
- 1 half day an 1 full day excursion to Munich or to other hightlights in Bavaria such as Lake Schliersee
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer camp and take care of you.
Sample week at Munich Adventure camp
|Sunday||arrival till 5 pm, placement test and welcome evening|
|Monday||4 German lessons||hiking with GPS||barbecue|
|Tuesday||4 German lessons||building a raft||video night|
|Wednesday||4 German lessons||half day excursion to Munich||camp fire|
|Thursday||4 German lessons||waterfall hiking||games evening|
|Friday||4 German lessons||bicycle parcours||night hiking|
|Saturday||full day excursion to Munich|
|Sunday||departure or sports|
Who else will be at GLS?
The camp has room for 80 students. Students come from up to 30 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
24 JUN - 19 AUG 2018
Arrival / departure: SUN
See camp description
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||add. week|
|1.110 €||1.920 €||2.830 €||920 €|
- 20 German lessons/week
- max. 12 per class
- 3 levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced (no beginners)
- 2 activities/day
- 2 excursions/week
- on campus accommodation: 3-4 bedded rooms, own shower/WC
- full board
- transport and entry fees for GLS activities
- insurance (medical, liability, luggage)
- extra transfer out of schedule: 150 EUR one way
- extra day: 100 EUR