Learn German @ Munich Young & Fun
Ages 7 - 14
This summer camp with German language classes for children is 50 km south of Munich in Josefstal, a traditional Bavaria village in the Alp mountains. The village is very popular with German kids & teens, who like to spend their summer holidays here. You´ll meet some of them at our summer camp: they stay on site with you and best of all, they do all the after class activities together with you. So you can test your German right away! Your school is a kind of college 800 m above sea level, and the scenery is fantastic. Every week we organize at least 2 excursions to Munich, maybe the most beautiful city in Germany.
see photo reports by former students
campus of "Studienzentrum Josefstal" (study center of the protestant church) in the village of Josefstal in the Bavarian Alps, ca. 5 km from Lake Schliersee and 50 km south of Munich
fireplace, barbecue court, volleyball court, table tennis, pool table, TV room
- 20 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 3 levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries
on site in 3 or 4 bed rooms with shower and WC on the hall, full board in the camp restaurant.
Activities, Excursions & Sports:
- 2 activities daily in international groups: sports, games, dance
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week to places in Bavaria (i.e. Munich, Lake Schliersee, Castle Nymphenburg)
- at a surcharge multisport program with tennis (3 x 60 minutes/week) or soccer (3 x 90 minutes/week)
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer camp and take care of you.
Sample week at the summer camp Munich Young & Fun
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||4 German lessons||badminton||barbecue|
|Tuesday||4 German lessons||handicrafts||video evening|
|Wednesday||4 German lessons||half-day excursion, i.e. to Lake Schliersee||camp fire|
|Thursday||4 German lessons||swimming or fun sport competition (with German kids)||games evening|
|Friday||4 German lessons||volley ball||disco|
|Saturday||full-day excursion, to Munich for example|
|Sunday||departure or sports|
Who else will be at GLS?
The camp has room for 70 students. Students come from up to 40 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
24 JUN - 12 AUG 2018 (German coures)
22 JUL - 12 AUG 2018 (English courses)
Arrival / departure: SUN
See camp description
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||add. week|
|activities||970 €||1.690 €||2.510 €||810 €|
|tennis (3 x 60 min/week)||1.050 €||1.850 €||2.750 €||890 €|
|soccer (3 x 90 min/week)||1.030 €||1.810 €||2.690 €||870 €|
- 20 lessons/week (German or English)
- max. 12 per class
- 4 levels: beginners, elementary, intermediate, advanced
- 2 activities/day
- 2 excursions/week
- on campus accommodation: 2-4 bedded rooms, shower/WC on the hall
- full board
- transport and entry fees for GLS activities
- insurance (medical, liability, luggage)
- extra transfer out of schedule: 150 EUR one way
- extra day: 100 EUR