Summer School :: Ages 15-17
Learn German @ Berlin Intensive
Ages 15 - 17
You are looking for an INTENSIVE course in Berlin? Then this summer school is the perfect choice for you: German courses include 5 lessons per day - instead of 4 as in the other GLS summer schools in Berlin. Don't think more work equals less fun, on the contrary: You´ll get to learn a lot, and your stay will be very comfortable: you will live in the same building where the classrooms are. And best of all: you will explore Berlin with friends from all over the planet! The school is a perfect home base for venturing out into Berlin: It is located just north of the city center and and it won´t take you more than 15 minutes to get into the VERY heart of Berlin.
Daily activities in Berlin and a one day trip on the weekend included.
In the northern city center of Berlin, right next to a park (Schillerpark) and a metro-station
The summer school uses the building of the Centre Français in Berlin. The Centre has 10 seminar rooms and a hotel in the same building (on the upper floors) where students are accommodated.
- 25 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 3 levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US and many other countries. German high school students on site as well
In the school´s residence i.e. the Centre Français Hotel: 2 - 4 bed rooms with own shower and WC, full board in the cafeteria
Activities & Excursions:
- 2 activities daily in international groups: sports and socializing on campus, sightseeing in Berlin and Potsdam
- 1 full day day excursion per week
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer school and take care of you.
Sample week at the Berlin Intensive Summer School:
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||5 German lessons||Boat trip around Museum Island||barbecue|
|Tuesday||5 German lessons||Berlin Tiergarten & relaxing at Lake Neuer See||games|
|Wednesday||5 German lessons||Badminton or cycling tour||video evening|
|Thursday||5 German lessons||Trip to Potsdam: Castle Sanssouci||showtime|
|Friday||5 German lessons||Berlin Wall and museum at Checkpoint Charly||showtime|
|Saturday||full-day excursion to Berlin||cinema|
|Sunday||departure or swimming||party|
Who else will be at GLS?
The Berlin Intensive Summer School has room for 35 students. Students come from up to 30 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
|BERLIN INTENSIVE (15 - 17 years)||25 JUN - 13 AUG 2017|
|2 weeks||1970 €||Arrival / departure: SUN|
|3 weeks||2910 €|
|+ 1 week||940 €|
- 25 lessons/week
- 2 activities/day
- 2 excursions/week
- on campus accommodation: 2 - 4 bed rooms, own shower/WC
- full board
- transfer from Berlin airports and stations on Sundays 8 am - 10 pm
- Insurance (medical, luggage, liability)
- 24 hour tutoring by GLS staff on campus
- public transportation 2 - 4 weeks: ca. 60/80 EUR
- extra day: 100 EUR
- extra transfer out of schedule: 80 EUR one way