for a year, a semester or 2 - 4 months
High School Germany: How to enroll
Please apply by filling out the enrollment form 2 - 6 months before your planned arrival in Germany. You can start the high school program anytime all year round, if you book a shorter stay of 2, 3, 4 or 5 months (only possible at state schools). If you´d like to stay for 5 or 11 months or even longer, starting dates are either autumn or spring.
After having sent your enrollment, you will receive a detailed application form that we ask you to fill in and to return together with a first payment of EURO 500. If you applied for a private or international school, we will also send you profiles of selected schools we cooperate with.
In the detailed application form you will be asked
- to give some more information about yourself, your hobbies, your family
- to write a short essay on your motivation for wanting to attend a school in Germany
- to write a letter to your prospective host family, introducing yourself
- to provide a teacher´s comment on your level of German
- to send a transcript of grades
- to send a recommendation by your school
- to include a medical statement
As soon as you return this form together with a deposit of EURO 500, we can start the placement process: Now we have all the information necessary for finding a school that match both your expectations and your personal background.
What you pay for
- Accommodation: The host family you will be staying with receives a monthly expense allowance for providing all meals. This expense allowance doesn´t cover real costs, but appreciates the effort your host family makes. Finding and inspecting potential host families often means a lot of work done by GLS staff - a service included in the program price as well.
- School placement: Enrolling a foreign student at a state school is a quite bureaucratic procedure, entailing personal visits at the school as well as repeated phone calls and lots of paper work. State schools hardly ever deal with foreign students directly, so we take care of all this for you.
- Tuition: Private schools charge for tuition.
- Consulting: We provide you with all the information necessary and make sure, that you hand in exactly those documents that are needed. In case you need a visa, we also take care of the "letter of invitation" that you need for the visa application.
- Supervision: A GLS coordinater will be by your side; there will be an orientation meeting after your arrival, and we will be there as well in case conflicts arise - be it in your host family or at school
- Transfers: We arrange your transfer from airport or station of arrival to your accommodation.