Summer camp :: Ages 14-17
Learn German @ Berlin Riverside
Ages 14 - 17
Big city fun + a relaxing summer holiday?! No problem: at our Riverside camp you´ll have both: The camp is on the banks of River Havel, one of Berlin´s two big rivers, and where the camp is, River Havel is nearly as wide as a small lake. A perfect place to relax and socialize after German classes.
Hard to believe, that such a peaceful place is part of a big city like Berlin, and yet it is: The city center is within easy reach, and you´ll get to see all the trendy places in Berlin. We will show you cool cafes, fancy shops and of course famous highlights such as Berlin´s new downtown Potsdamer Platz, Museumsinsel or the Berliner Wall!
see photo reports by former students
In Berlin, a bit north of the city center on the banks of River Havel. The Berlin district Tegel is close by, to the city center it takes about 25 minutes by public transport.
A beautiful and modern residence with own landing stage, big garden, barbecue place, beach volleyball court, cafetria
- 20 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 4 levels: beginners, elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries. Germans high school students on site as well
in the school´s residence: 3-5 bed rooms with own shower and WC, full board in the cafeteria
Activities & Excursions:
- 2 activities daily in international groups: sports and socializing on campus, sightseeing in Berlin and Potsdam, sports, socializing
- 1 full day and 2 half day excursions per week into the city center of Berlin and to places nearby like Potsdam
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer camp and take care of you.
Sample week at the Berlin Riverside Summer Camp
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||4 German lessons||canoeing on River Havel||video evening|
|Tuesday||4 German lessons||trip to Berlin: Potsdamer Platz||games|
|Wednesday||4 German lessons||badminton or cycling tour||video evening|
|Thursday||4 German lessons||trip into Potsdam: Castle Sanssouci||showtime|
|Friday||4 German lessons||trip to Berlin: the wall and museum at Checkpoint Charly||showtime|
|Saturday||full-day excursion to Berlin||cinema|
|Sunday||departure or swimming||party on the lakeside|
Who else will be at GLS?
The Berlin Riverside Camp has room for 50 students. Students come from up to 30 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
|BERLIN RIVERSIDE (14 - 17 years)||25 JUN - 13 AUG 2017|
|2 weeks||1620 €||Arrival / departure: SUN|
|3 weeks||2390 €|
|+ 1 week||770 €|
- 20 lessons/week
- 2 activities/day - sightseeing in Berlin as well as swmming in River Havel
- 2 excursions/week
- on campus accommodation: 3-5 bed rooms, own shower/WC
- full board
- transfer from Berlin airports and stations on Sundays 8 am - 10 pm
- Insurance (medical, luggage, liability)
- 24 hour tutoring by GLS staff on campus
- public transportation 2 - 4 weeks: ca. 60/80 EUR
- extra day: 100 EUR
- extra transfer out of schedule: 80 EUR one way