Learn German @ Berlin Watersports
Ages 13 - 17
The summer camp is located on one of the beautiful lakes that surround Berlin, in the little village of Blossin. This camp has fantastic water sports facilities - with lots of canoes, sailing boats and surfing equipment. When German courses finish, in the afternoon, we go canoeing, sailing or surfing. And of course there will be beach parties and barbecues by the lakeside, too. Berlin is only 30 km away: Every week we arrange 2 excursions to Berlin and you´ll get to see all the highlights: Berlin´s neues Downtown: Potsdamer Platz, the Berlin Wall, Museumsinsel ...
- This summer camp is a paradise - see this virtual tour.
see photo reports by former students
Water sports center on Lake Wolzig, 30 km southeast of Berlin
The water sports center has a campus with several little houses on it, where students live. The 10 classrooms are in a central building, and there is a cafeteria.
Additional facilities: harbour with boats, surf boards, kayaks, canoes, sailing boats; beach, indoor gym, fitness studio, bicycles, beach volleyball field, soccer field
- 20 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 4 levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries. Germans high school students on site as well
in 2 or 3 bed rooms with own shower and WC on site with full board in the cafeteria
Activities, Excursions & Sports:
- 2 activities daily in international groups: sailing, surfing, canoeing, catamaring, badminton, volleyball, climbing
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion to Berlin per week
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer camp and take care of you.
Sample wekk at the Berlin Water Sports camp
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||4 German lessons||canoeing or badminton||barbecue|
|Tuesday||4 German lessons||volleyball or inlining||breakdance|
|Wednesday||4 German lessons||excursion to Berlin||camp fire|
|Thursday||4 German lessons||surfing or football||Film|
|Friday||4 German lessons||sailing||disco|
|Saturday||full-day excursion to Potsdam and Sanssouci Castle||party|
|Sunday||departure or swimming||badminton|
Who else will be at GLS?
The camp has room for 80 students. Students come from up to 40 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
|WATER SPORTS (13 - 17 years)||25 JUN - 13 AUG 2017|
|2 weeks||1730 €||Arrival / departure: SUN|
|3 weeks||2550 €|
|+ 1 week||820 €|
- 20 lessons/week
- 2 activities/day on campus or nearby, i.e. surfing, canoeing, swimming
- 2 excursions/week to the city center of Berlin
- on campus accommodation: 2-3 bedded rooms, own shower/WC
- full board
- transport costs and entry fees for GLS activities
- transfer from Berlin airports and stations on Sundays 8 am - 10 pm
- Insurance (medical, luggage, liability)
- 24 hour tutoring by GLS staff on campus
- extra transfer out of schedule: 120 EUR one way
- extra day: 100 EUR