German for Kids @ Berlin Young & Fun
Ages 7 - 14
You´ll learn German staying next to a great lake in Berlin, and more than that - you´ll also meet German children your age! The camp uses the facilities of a private university in Berlin Schmöckwitz. German kids spend their summer holidays here, too, and they will take part in all the activities and excursions that we offer after class - a great way to practice your German right away! You have a choice of various activities every day: we´ll do talent shows, have barbecues, go swimming ... . And every week we organize 2 excursions to Berlin highlights such as Potsdamer Platz, Berlin´s new Downtown, Berlin Wall or Berlin Zoo
see photo reports by former students
The camp uses the campus of private Teikyo University on Lake Zeuthen, next to the village Schmöckwitz, belonging to the Berlin district of Köpenick. So the camp is IN Berlin, but in a very green suburb.
Several buildings on campus with 25 classrooms, dormitory, fitness center, volleyball court, various sport facilities.
- 15 lessons à 45 minutes/week with a max of 12 students per class
- 4 levels: beginners, elementary, intermediate, advanced
- international classes with students from Mexico, Poland, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Denmark, Russia, Norway, England, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, the US any many other countries
in 2 or 3 bed rooms with own shower and WC on the Teikyo University campus with full board in the campus restaurant.
Activities, Excursions & Sports:
- 3 activities daily in international groups: sports, games, dance, theater, music
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion to Berlin per week
- tennis or sailing lessons at surcharge, 3 x 90 minutes/week
Members of GLS staff stay with you in the summer camp and take care of you.
Sample week at the summer camp Berlin Young & Fun
|Day||Morning||Afternoon I||Afternoon II||Evening|
|Sunday||arrival until 5 pm, introduction and language test, welcome evening|
|Monday||3 German lessons||swimming, football or juggling||theater or multisport||games|
|Tuesday||3 German lessons||basketball or dance||volleyball or multisport||camp olympiad|
|Wednesday||3 German lessons||excursion to Berlin|
|Thursday||3 German lessons||batik or jazz dance||music or multisport||lakeside barbecue|
|Friday||3 German lessons||boat trip||camp newspaper||disco|
|Saturday||full-day excursion to Potsdam and Sanssouci Castle|
|Sunday||departure or bicycle ride around the lake|
Who else will be at GLS?
The camp has room for 120 students. Students come from up to 40 countries.
You can meet some of them online in our summer camps community: Check the MEMBERS to see if there are others from your country going to GLS.
When you enroll, you´ll get the GLS password, and then you can contact everybody.
Dates & Prices
|BERLIN YOUNG & FUN (7 - 14 years)||18 JUN - 20 AUG 2017|
|SAILING*||TENNIS*||Arrival / departure: SUN|
|2 weeks||1430 €||1590 €||1590 €|
|3 weeks||2130 €||2370 €||2370 €|
|+ 1 week||700 €||780 €||780 €|
* 3 x 90 minute lessons/week
- 15 German lessons/week in groups of 6 - max. 12 students
- 3 activities/day on campus
- 2 excursions/week to the city center of Berlin
- on campus accommodation: 2-3 bedded rooms, own shower/WC
- full board
- transport costs and entry fees for GLS activities
- transfer from Berlin airports and stations on Sundays 8 am - 10 pm
- Insurance (medical, luggage, liability)
- 24 hour tutoring by GLS staff on campus
- Extra transfer out of schedule: 100 EUR one way
- Extra day: 100 EUR